Viewlets are data windows used to populate a user’s dashboard. Periscope starts with an ever-expanding library of viewlets, each allowing the user to display their information in a unique way. Viewlets can be added, moved, and deleted from the user’s display with ease. Adding a new viewlet or previously configured viewlet is simple.
Selecting the Right Viewlet
Periscope users have the option of adding viewlets from five primary categories: General, Point, History, Sustainability and Diagnostic.
- General viewlets are those which reference other sources for their displays, such as URLs. The user should understand the capabilities of each viewlet to ensure their visualization goals are met.
- Point viewlets rely on real-time point data that updates constantly.
- History viewlets look at sets of trend data for charting changes over time. The history viewlets will be able to display information as far back in time as the available trends allow.
- Sustainability viewlets are basically ‘mini-applications’ on their own, providing multiple tabs and views of every aspect of analyze energy use or generation.
- Diagnostic viewlets are an excellent way to identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement in energy efficiency